WAVA Global in partnership with their client, a Global Telecommunications Company, created Leadership Programmes for identified talented and high potential managers within the organisation. This started in 2014, and continues today with new and improved programmes evolving, and delivering results for the business.
The Telecommunications Company was looking for a Talent Development Programme which would fit their specific needs, and be delivered in a way congruent with their values. It needed to bring real business impact and create positive role models in the workplace.
WAVA Global developed a highly interactive, experiential leadership programme, and took it through the ILM Endorsed Programme route so that completion of the programme and an assignment task would result in a certificate from ILM. WAVA Global is an ILM Approved Centre.
Create and deliver a Leadership Programme which:
1. Further develops talented managers’ leadership skills and capabilities
2. Ensures the learning is connected to the business
3. Measures return for the business
With these three objectives in mind the Admired Leadership Programme was developed which covers a period of 7 months with the following format:
• 180 degree feedback before and after the programme around 6 identified competency areas – this provided one measure for the return of investment for the business
• Coaching sessions to support individual development, working on areas identified as room for improvement from the 180 degree feedback process
• 3 taught modules focusing on:
o Change and Communication
o Critical Thinking and Innovation
o Leadership and Inspiring Others
• A Business Challenge was introduced in module 2. The group then work on the challenge for a period of six weeks, presenting results to a panel from the business at the beginning of module 3.
• Reports produced at the end of the programme highlighting strengths of each participant, and any areas for continuing development.
The programme has further developed the leadership capabilities of 76 managers to date with many promoted to more senior positions or taking on broader responsibilities during this time. The Business Challenges have contributed to solving difficult problems for the business, often bringing a different perspective and innovative approaches.
Managers’ of participants often comment on positive changes:
• Better communication skills
• Stronger cohesion in teams
• Ability to relate to a bigger context and wider connections
• More mature leadership
• Robust emotional intelligence
And our HR partners tell us:
There are some companies that you instantly ‘click with’ and WAVA has been one of them. Headed by Nicky Davies who is a delight to work with. Nicky has an amazing ability to listen and gently probe, then with real insight can get to the heart of the problem and take you to depths you had not anticipated, resulting in fabulous clarity. [We have] relied on WAVA for assessment centres, training, coaching, and the development of our flagship talent programme: ’The Admired Leaders Programme’ which has successfully run now for 4 years resulting in an increased number of internal promotions.
Head of HR
Global Telecommunications Company
To book an appointment with our CEO & Founder, Nicky Davies or for any queries you may have email contact Kathy Willow via the contact form at the bottom of this page